Discuss do you charge for turning off appliances or capping them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

hi guys,

had a few instances in the past were ive been to price a job up only to find I have had to cut the gas supply off or make the appliance safe. ive never charged but considering the time, parts used and paperwork I think I should but would they pay

Of course you should charge mate.

You have capped off a dangerous appliance that could have killed someone.

Plus you have spent the time travelling to the job and spent god knows how long doing safety checks to come to the conclusion that the appliance is dangerous.

Can you imagine BG going to a job and not charging? Of course not.

The customer has no choice weather to pay or not. You've turned up and done what they asked you to, ok the boiler may not be fixed, but you've done your job correctly.

If it where me I'd charge and offer to knock the price of the visit off the cost of a new boiler.

£75 covers the cost of the cap and 2 fan heaters plus my diesel. This fee is taken off if I carry out the repair. But as I can't take the heaters back they stay on the bill

£75 covers the cost of the cap and 2 fan heaters plus my diesel. This fee is taken off if I carry out the repair. But as I can't take the heaters back they stay on the bill

You can't give heaters to someone else without having then PAT tested again anyway, so it best they stay with the customer anyway :)

I reckon that if you capped off my appliance then tried to charge me for the privilege, I would kick you in the cream crackers.

it is simple, you point out the ID situation, hand over an id warning certificate and offer to cap it for what ever fee you charge, me thats min £45 plus parts, and if they tell u to ..............off you just call transco on their emergency number and pass on the address, then its not your problem and theyhave no gas what so ever for their troubles. No Brainer

I reckon that if you capped off my appliance then tried to charge me for the privilege, I would kick you in the cream crackers.
Really? Whys that?
So if the pipework/appliance is deemed to be dangerous and an GSR turns off or caps and writes out a warning notice and labels it he/she should do it for free, no mate not a chance!

You can't give heaters to someone else without having then PAT tested again anyway, so it best they stay with the customer anyway :)

Thatll be the part where I said "as I can't take them back"

i used to work for the system too Tom I know the rules ;-)

Really? Whys that?
So if the pipework/appliance is deemed to be dangerous and an GSR turns off or caps and writes out a warning notice and labels it he/she should do it for free, no mate not a chance!

There's more to life than a few quid imho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to do you charge for turning off appliances or capping them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock