Search the forum,

Discuss Do you need an adult Apprentice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marples

Hi, i am new to this forums and starting my search from here. I am 21 and from Barnsley/South Yorkshire. I have been in the plumbing industry since 2010 where i finished my college course 6 month early from studying and working as hard as i did. I finished (well thought i did) in 2011 and was ready to move onto starting the NVQ Level 3. i got an email around 4 month after leaving college stating that i had a couple more things to sign off in my portfolio which they decided not to tell me when i left. After being layed off because my employer could not afford to pay me and decided to have a career change. I then got an apprenticeship with someone else where i was earning £1.80 an hour doing 60 hour weeks and was not allowed any breaks or holidays. After a month of working with this guy he decided he could not afford to pay me any of my wage which i had worked for so i had to leave and try and get another apprenticeship. When starting with someone else i was promised the world (my own van and tools etc) he asked me to get registered self employed which i did so that i could get my UTR number. after working 3 days with him in 5 weeks he too decided he could not afford to pay me which was £20 a day. I've had 2 years away from this due to not being able to find and apprenticeship and many attempts at doing so.

As stated i am now 21 and as being classed as an adult Apprentice it is simply getting harder to entertain employers. I have my own transport and i am willing to travel to find a suitable apprenticeship. If you know of anyone or require an apprentice yourself please contact me.

Here are a few details about myself;
I am Apprentice trained in full bathroom installations and can also tile walls and floors. I have a small amount of knowledge about boilers, i can also work to plans. I also have GCSE's in both Maths and English.
Education & Qualifications
Darton High School (September 2004 – June 2009)
GCSE’S
Mathematics – Grade C
English – Grade C
Science – Grade D
Spanish - Grade 2
Hospitality & Catering - Grade D
Adult Numeracy - Pass
Adult Literacy – Pass

Barnsley College (September 2007 – June 2009)
Engineering and Technology – Level 1

Barnsley College (September 2009 – May 2011)
Plumbing - Level 1 (NVQ Level 2 Near completed)

Bgas Ltd (July 2010)
Basic Construction Skills – Level 1
Electrical – Part P
Electrical - 17th Edition

Licenses
Full clean UK driving license
Certification of forklift operators (up to 5000kg)

If you have found the time to read all of this i appreciate it. If you would like any information or to discuss things further please contact me. Thankyou.
J.Marples

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you met a couple of ballbags along the way dude, best of luck :)

Welcome along and good luck :)

Obviously in the Barnsley area?

Hi Marples and welcome shame you have had a rough ride you are still young enough to get to where you want to be hopefully someone on here will be able to point you in the right direction best of luck you deserve it .....regards Turnpin:biggrin:

Welcome along and good luck :)

Obviously in the Barnsley area?
Yes from Barnsley, small place but has its perks :)

Thanks everyone for the support. If anyone can give me any tips/advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do you need an adult Apprentice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock