Discuss Does anyone know the names of Plumbing agencies??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeffo32

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in terms of looking for Plumbing work.I have just passed my C & G level 2 but now i need to get work in the industry to obtain my NVQ Level 2.I have sent my CV off to quite a few agencies & also straight to plumbers/plumbing companies, I've also cold called a lot of plumbing companies & sole traders but i don't seem to hear much back or even see much plumbing work come through the agencies either.Can you please let me know if it is just a slow time for plumbing in particular or because of the recesion people just aren't taking newly qualified plumbers on???I have had cards printed up, joined a website called "compare your plumber" who find jobs in your local & surrounding area that you can go out & do & whilst i'm confident in my ability i'm up against much more experiened plumbers & no one is prepared to take a chance with you so it's kind of a catch 22 situation.I am thinking of putting an advert in a local newspaper too. Even doing plumbing work on a building site would give me more experience.It's quite frustrating as i really want to start gaining experience in the industry so i can then take my NVQ level 3 in plumbing.Am i being impatient or is there something else i can do?Please help me if you can.Thank you kindly Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does anyone know the names of Plumbing agencies??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back