Search the forum,

Discuss Does my gas cooker burner need replacing in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have 15 year old Cannon Caniston gas cooker and when I turn the tap for the biggest burner full on it burns as if it was only half on, this has happened over time. I have checked the flexible hose is not kinked and the gas at the main is fully on, the other burners seem to be ok. I cleaned the burner didn’t help so now thinking about getting the burner replaced with a complete new burner set including the part that is fitted into the cooker if you know what I mean, this will be expensive I know but might not actually fix the problem, what do you guys think.
Regards
Ron

If the other burners are ok its possible you have a partial blockage, if you remove the offending burner do you get a good flow of gas when you turn it on without the burner? Jets can get blocked, run the vacuum over it and get a fine wire and try cleaning the jet nozzle hole.

If the other burners are ok its possible you have a partial blockage, if you remove the offending burner do you get a good flow of gas when you turn it on without the burner? Jets can get blocked, run the vacuum over it and get a fine wire and try cleaning the jet nozzle hole.
Hi gmartine, I followed your advice and pushed a wire into the gas nozzle hole under the burner, I used a Kirby grip in fact and that did clear some gunk or something that was in there blocking the gas flow. Thank you gmartine for your help my wife is delighted to have the cooker working properly again.
regards
Ron

Reply to Does my gas cooker burner need replacing in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock