Currently reading:
Domestic or Commercial - gas inspection at small B&B with domestic appliances/meter?

Discuss Domestic or Commercial - gas inspection at small B&B with domestic appliances/meter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marco

Hi - got a call from a spark mate today.....hes working at a small B&B that has had an electrical fire, fire brigade inspected and discovered a can of worms...no electrical inspection for years, no gas inspection, missing fire doors etc. so now he is on some kind of 14 day improvement notice!

The owner with very bad english wants me to go and inspect it/service as necessary. I'm going to have a look on Thursday.

So question is, if meter is domestic and gas pipework is 28mm or lower and appliances are domestic (boiler is for sure) can I work on this on my domestic quals (my understanding is yess!)? I do plenty of Landlord certs and a few small businesses repairs (domestic meter and appliance). I've not seen what he has been asked for yet - but would I just carry out the equivalent of a landlord cert? Not sure who is investigating him HSE? Fire Brigade? Anyone else had one like this?

Ideal world, I'd probably avoid, but I can't be too picky about my customers!

Thoughts please?!

As long as gas pipe volume is less than 0.035m3 then you should be good to go

Re: Domestic or Commercial - gas inspection at small B&B with domestic appliances/met

cheers Simon - just need to find out exactly what inspection he has been asked for now!

I would if thought that what the client will require is a TT certificate
LLGSC
Service cert for all appliances

Just do your calcs before you start

And as said normal Dom rules. U6/16 <35mm <0.035m3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Domestic or Commercial - gas inspection at small B&B with domestic appliances/meter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back