Discuss Downstairs rads taking ages to heat in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there I’m brand new to this forum and really need some help.
my downstairs radiators can take an age to heat up. Sometimes they just don’t heat up at all. Other times they do heat up and all is good. Until I turn the heating down at night and the issues begins again the next morning. A heating engineer has suggested a power flush. Any help/advice would be really appreciated.

Hi thanks for the reply.
move got the water tank type. Not a combi boiler. Sorry that’s as much as I know about the type of system. I do have a 3 way motorised zonal valve. The pump is definitely running.
What is confusing me is that then downstairs rads do warm up just never as hot as the up stairs ones and it’s a lottery as and when they heat up. As if this moment i have turned the heating off. Opened all rads to fully open. Then turned the heating on. Within minutes the upstair rads are proper hot. Nothing downstairs though

Could be the system needs balancing and would be my first approach.
Ive tried that many times unless I’m doing it wrong. I’ve opened the shield valves half a turn on the upstairs rads. They get roasting. Just now I’m I’ve closed them all up stairs to see if this does anything. Also just tried bleeding the downstairs rads. A steady flow of clean water comes out

Reply to Downstairs rads taking ages to heat in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock