Search the forum,

Discuss Drain down/flush options for combi return that goes up not down. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find

I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together

Long story short combi is in a kitchen cupboard but the return pipe from the boiler elbows up (not down) behind the boiler and then up through the ceiling meaning that if I tried to drain down as you normally would from the lowest rad the return pipe is still going to be full of sludgy water meaning i can't cut it away to rework a new pipe down the side of the boiler instead of behind to install a filter.

My question is can I use the filling loop connection (flexible hose) on the return valve (ideal combi 35) as a drain down point for example is it a non return valve.

All I need to to is empty the return pipe not even the whole system so I can cut it loose and then run a new return pipe with a filter that will give me more than enough options to drain or flush the rest of the system whilst keeping the boiler isolated from the sludge.

I do have a drain off on the CH flow one of the few pipes that goes down making full use of that gravity stuff but draining down from that would run a whole lot of sludge through the boiler and I just know it would kill it.

Reply to Drain down/flush options for combi return that goes up not down. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock