Search the forum,

Discuss Drainage inspection chamber in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Whilst messing about trying to find the location of my underground pipw leak, still ongoing, I decided to have a look at my drainage chamber.
A right mess it is. The chamber is 480mm diameter and is covered by a rotten lid of 620mm x 480mm. As you can see from the attached piccy
the lid is the same size on one side 480mm as the chamber diameter itself. Finding the lid rotted and bits inside the chamber thought oh will get a new lid.
Problem is I cannot find a lid this size. nor can I find a chamber of 480mm diameter either. I may point out that the whoile thing is hidden awau under a patio slab. It only takes foot traffic. So any suggestions as to how to fix this scenario? Only thing I can think of is fit a 600mm x 600mm cover and frame.
Any thoughts gratefully received.

Attachments

• Drain.jpg
    Drain.jpg
    670.5 KB · Views: 21
Well all I can say it measures 480mm have just now double checked as I have been known to be useless with a tape measure.
No definitely measures 480mm. As does the rectangular lid that has rotted. I have found a 24in x 18 in which works out at
610mm x 457mm. Looks like this mine even has same sort of lifting fixtures.

Attachments

• Manhole_Cover_Galvanised.jpg
    Manhole_Cover_Galvanised.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Was sure I had posted a photo with cover,frame fitted and then with patio slab on top. No idea where that went to. All went fine, made a change.

Last edited:

Reply to Drainage inspection chamber in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock