Search the forum,

Discuss Draining radiator, how to open value? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

gmc

I need to drain my radiators to put inhibitor in . I've located the one and only radiator with a drain tap, but I can't find the value to open the tap.

Looks to be this one:
Radiator Drain Off Valve - 1/2" BSP

But for the life of me I can't work out how you open the value. There is nothing behind the value.

Do you maybe turn the ring at the bottom? I don't want to turn something that's not supposed to be opened.

radiator-drain-off-valve-1-2in-bsp_min_7509_P_1.jpg

Undo the spigot eg the barbed bit but the washers prob stuck

Thanks, I've unscrewed the spigot. You were right, washer is stuck. :(

No 8 screw into the hole bucket below pull screw out with washer hopefully on then insert barb back in with hose pipe while water is coming out

Reply to Draining radiator, how to open value? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock