Discuss Draining radiators on a communal heating system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I have a small plumbing job to do for which I need to drain the radiators in my property. There are only two radiators, that are fed by a communal boiler, and pass through an immersion heater. I have already identified the isolation valves for the primary flow and the return to my property. I don't have access to the communal boiler, or the specifications for it, and the building manager hasn't responded to my e-mails in months.

What I need to know is, how do I isolate my radiator system from the communal boiler in order to drain the radiators and work on the pipes, and then safely open the flow again once the work is done?

I have no pressure gauge in my property, is pressure something I need to worry about? Or is it as simple as turning off the flow and return to my property, draining the radiators, doing the work, and then turning them on again and bleeding the radiators until they refill?

I'd be very grateful to anyone that can help with this query.

Any chance of a picture of where the communal supplies come in eg the valves

Any chance of a picture of where the communal supplies come in eg the valves
Thanks for your reply!

Sure! Flow and return as labelled.

Attachments

• Flow and Return valves.jpeg
    Flow and Return valves.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 25
Just turn these off and you should be fine test it’s off before you start doing anything

as for filling it should be an automatic filling unit so you should be fine on that

You say it should be an auto top up unit Shaun but I wouldn't be surprised if not 😁.

soon find out, I would think it would be low on pressure by now anyway

Reply to Draining radiators on a communal heating system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock