Discuss Drayton Mid Position Activator MA1 always live? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plummit

My Drayton Mid Position Activator MA1 is working perfectly but I noticed that it is always warm to the touch even when the central heating and hot water is switched off and the pipes are cold. On removing the cover I find that the motor is quite warm and buzzes faintly. Should the motor be energised all of the time?

If its last point of call was heating then it will be in the heating only position and therefore the motor will be energized. If you turn the power off the motorized valve will return to hot water only therefore isolating the power to the motor when re-energized. Its nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drayton Mid Position Activator MA1 always live? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Hello Since moving into my property in 2016, I must have been through 5 or 6 mid position valves of various makes. I am just about to swap over...
Replies
Views
My 3 way actuator valve has gone on my central heating. I think it's a combination of the valve motor burning out due to a stiff valve on the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had a Drayton ma1 mid position actuator recently installed as central heating had stopped working. Now my heating and hot water will not...
Replies
Views
Hi, My combi-boiler has just given up heating the house and basically only delivers hot water. While in central heating mode it heats up and stops...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am abit stuck and cant really find a solution anywhere.. So, i have an F&E gravity system. The central heating pump needed replacing as the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock