Discuss Drill replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a load of 18 AEG lithium ion tools and batts a few months ago,cherry picked deals and paid under £300 for this lot:

3 x lithium 3 amp batts, 2 x Ni cad batts, 2x combi drills,1 x recip saw, 1 x circular, 2 x chargers, 2x hard cases, 1 x contactors bag, 1 x torch/lantern.

Grafted hard on 6 big jobs so far,as well as general daily stuff and all running in fine. Drill bit heavy so use lithium batts as lighter, loads of torque/power, both saws excellent, batteries hold up ok - not amazing but max power till they drop charge.

Great for plumbers but but maybe not for a joiner - not as refined,light or well balanced as premium Makita or equivalent Milwaukee but what do you want for the money - Defo trade quality, and AEG are "relaunching" what appears to be the same line in a horrid orange (same as Rigid? US "version") but also new diddy jobsite radio in new range which will appear to take the batts I got.Yay!

Last edited by a moderator:
only one word HILTI.
life time warranty for as long as you own the equipment,i have just had a new chuck/brushes on my 15.5v cordless and at the time cost £250 to buy,but that was 4 years ago,hilti only charged me £45 for the service.
so HILTI ALL THE WAY.

only one word HILTI.
life time warranty for as long as you own the equipment,i have just had a new chuck/brushes on my 15.5v cordless and at the time cost £250 to buy,but that was 4 years ago,hilti only charged me £45 for the service.
so HILTI ALL THE WAY.
A life time warranty that cost £45 for repair?

We use the Dewalt cordless 14.4v

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/drilling_a_tile.jpg

Although we would now choose the 18v model below

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/guideplate.jpg
Still a dewalt.

makita do a combi drill. impact driver and drill all in one. EXCELLANT piece of kit. recommend this.

t6alking to a milwaukee rep although they own aeg they are made in different factorys and milwaukee are not aeg in fancy wrappers. so dont go thinking you got a milwaukee when youve got aeg.

i got a leaflet through today from screw fix offering a 18 volt milwaukee combi drill with a 18 volt impact driver chucked in to the deal for 339 quid great me thinks just what im after called them up and they say they sold out all ready any one no a good shop for milwaukee in the area berkshire cheers. It seems to get milwaukee hilti and festool is hard to find a good stockist with more than a couple of tools.

i got a leaflet through today from screw fix offering a 18 volt milwaukee combi drill with a 18 volt impact driver chucked in to the deal for 339 quid great me thinks just what im after called them up and they say they sold out all ready any one no a good shop for milwaukee in the area berkshire cheers. It seems to get milwaukee hilti and festool is hard to find a good stockist with more than a couple of tools.

grahams machinary in chester sell them all mate - im sure there will be someone near you that do them. we fit kitchens too and use festool absoloute class.

I think Aldermaston Tool Company (ATC-The Aldermaston Tool Company) does Milwaukee. They certainly do Dewalt, Makita, Metabo and Bosch and have a very good service and repair department.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drill replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back