Search the forum,

Discuss Dry pressure testers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I have a monument dry pressure tester I occasionally use that has started leaking on the Schrader valve after about a month of using. Any one had a similar problem also I had to disconnect the air pump to get the Schrader valve to seal in the first place. Which made it hard to get to a round number on the gauge as you loss a bit of pressure by disconnecting the air pump from the Schrader valve.

should the Schrader valve of still sealed with the foot pump attached? Thanks I'll look at getting one.

I would release pressure from another point other than the valve. Yes it will leak if your foot pump attachment has a poor seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dry pressure testers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate for the water used. The incoming water go via a pressure relief valve [most likely its this one: Heatrae Sadia 8 Bar Pressure Relief Valve -...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
Hey, I've got a Grant Vortex that's leaking water from the seal around the expansion vessel - it's the round type about 50cm wide. The system is at 1.5 - 2 bar, but the expansion vessel has no air in it, and it's leaking water. No water is coming out of the Schrader valve either. The system...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am a homeowner and have a Valliant EcoTech 835 (2017). Serviced every year and worked like a treat until about a few months ago when I notified the pressure reading was too high (> 3 bar). My plumber came and did a regular service and told me the boiler is in tip top condition. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock