Discuss Dual fuel range cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

Went to fit this today. Brand new but it did not come with the hex adaptor to convert the cooker fitting to a 1/2 female thread for cooker hose. Manual said optional extra. What is the point of supplying a cooker you can't connect up when you get it. From memory it was a leisure dual fuel range.

Went to fit this today. Brand new but it did not come with the hex adaptor to convert the cooker fitting to a 1/2 female thread for cooker hose. Manual said optional extra. What is the point of supplying a cooker you can't connect up when you get it. From memory it was a leisure dual fuel range.

+1 been getting this very common lately ive put it down to cheap/ lower end cookers

Can you buy them on net worth putting one on van

you can but depending on what is on the cooker i would use a 1/2 female iron and a fibre washer

What I usually do is cut a section off my drain hose and jam that onto the spigot with a jubilee clip to secure it, and the other end the hose usually fits nicely onto a bit of 15mm copper tube. Again a jubilee clip for security. If you use plastic push fit pipe instead of the copper whatever you do dont forget the insert! I think we have all seen what happens if they are left out.
I also use the yellow hose as thats a bit heavier duty than the thinner green one.
Any issues getting a good seal is best fixed with a bit of rape tape (closure plate tape) round the connection before and after. That always seems to do the trick for me.

And whatever you do dont forget the chain or stability bracket! Safety first and all that :wink5:

What I usually do is cut a section off my drain hose and jam that onto the spigot with a jubilee clip to secure it, and the other end the hose usually fits nicely onto a bit of 15mm copper tube. Again a jubilee clip for security. If you use plastic push fit pipe instead of the copper whatever you do dont forget the insert! I think we have all seen what happens if they are left out.
I also use the yellow hose as thats a bit heavier duty than the thinner green one.
Any issues getting a good seal is best fixed with a bit of rape tape (closure plate tape) round the connection before and after. That always seems to do the trick for me.

And whatever you do dont forget the chain or stability bracket! Safety first and all that :wink5:

wtf are you for real hose pipe and push fit on gas??????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dual fuel range cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock