Discuss Dual Fuel Valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm installing a standby generator. It runs on natural gas but can be converted easily to run on LP. If I lose my natural gas, I would like to switch over to LP, and I don't want to have to change out the fuel line into the generator. Would the solution be to (i) put a tee on the natural gas line between the natural gas shut off valve and the generator and (ii) put a shut off on that tee into which I could connect a hose from the LP? Or is there an integrated valve that accomplishes this fuel change over?

Presume your talking about LPG, you can convert from NG to LPG but can't see how you can just switch from one to the other as LPG has 2.5 times the energy/M3 of NG so the fuel air ratios would be all wrong. you might also need a vaporizer like you have/had on LPG fueled cars which used the engine coolant to vaporize the LPG.

Presume your talking about LPG, you can convert from NG to LPG but can't see how you can just switch from one to the other as LPG has 2.5 times the energy/M3 of NG so the fuel air ratios would be all wrong. you might also need a vaporizer like you have/had on LPG fueled cars which used the engine coolant to vaporize the LPG.

I'm talking about propane. This 24 KW generator will run off either natural gas or propane. There is a fuel conversion knob inside the generator that allows the switch over to propane. I believe it would require running the install wizard again and changing the fuel selection.

Reply to Dual Fuel Valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I could really do with some advice. Bit of back history, I have a trianco thorncliffe solid fuel room heater it has a back boiler, my dad put the...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help. We have a dual fuel towel rail, i.e. connected to the central heating, but with an electric element in one of the...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hopefully this is a quick one... I'm currently building a house (well, my builder is, I'm doing a few of the jobs myself). Originally, we were...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock