Search the forum,

Discuss Dumping baths ect in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Anyone no how much it is for a waste license to be able to go to a site to dump baths and other rip out

You have to pay per KG to dump commercial waste, that and as I understand it the £150ish for the paperwork.

one of mine takes it, if you rip it out before he delivers new one, he will even take it there and then.
he stores them in yard and disposes in one go. thats for basin and bog too!.

sorted.

Looks like I'm moving merchants to yours then Red, will they deliver/collect from Crawley lol

free!
take them to the merchant you bought new one from?
Lol sure the slags at plumbase will love me kicking a old bath out the back of the trany infront of there shutters lol infact what a great idea lol love to see there face

Often easier and cheap to just get a skip. Less carrying to do, no bagging of rubbish needed, less time wasted, less fuel wasted, no waste licence required.
Metal, especially copper and brass, I like to take care of myself! :smile:
My area recycles most waste, including hard plastics.

i think all should do it really!.
you buy from them, they have waste to dispose off anyway so why not the one your replacing?
customer serviceray. lol

it is an independant small merchant though..

I have a local scrap guy who'll take any metal free of charge (brass and copper stays with me though!)Have a google of scrap metal recycling in your area to see if there is anyone similar. Otherwise I pay £40 minimum charge for up to 500kg of rubble at my local tip

Often easier and cheap to just get a skip. Less carrying to do, no bagging of rubbish needed, less time wasted, less fuel wasted, no waste licence required.
Metal, especially copper and brass, I like to take care of myself! :smile:
My area recycles most waste, including hard plastics.

yer. my option 'b' is a hippo bag. jig the bath in half and stuff it in with the bog n basin packaging etc. think there £40 then just add to bill.

I have a local scrap guy who'll take any metal free of charge (brass and copper stays with me though!)Have a google of scrap metal recycling in your area to see if there is anyone similar. Otherwise I pay £40 minimum charge for up to 500kg of rubble at my local tip

never have thought a scrappie would take metal free of charge.lol

I get skips in for bathroom revamps, then chuck all my other rubbish in as well, skip price goes on top of job!

If I'm honest the cheapest way to get rid of waste is to load it in the van and drive home with the back doors open!!

just smash it all up and stick it all under the new bath and floor boards...and leave for the next installer to worry about...which seems recently to be me :cuss:....

I normally get a skip in but when I did my own house I donated my old steel bath to the farmer to use as a trough for some horses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dumping baths ect in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock