Search the forum,

Discuss electric shower disconnecting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty Birch

Gas Engineer
Knowledge isn't great in this department but if I remove fuse from the pull switch can I take out the cable to the shower ( I will also switch off at c unit, is this safe, this is only temporary as a spark will be going into the property a few days after me I just need to get this shower out of my way. Also is this legal for me to do, iv offered to do this job for free to make life easier fitting a bathroom but I also don't want to kill anyone, myself included.
Thanks for replies in advance

Switch entire power off for everything if you can at consumer unit. Have the cable tested to see if power is off it for sure! Remove cable from shower & after removing shower, put a junction box on end of cable. Or use a terminal block with insulating tape over it.
Normally the only fuse is at consumer unit, but modern wiring could be mcb switch. Depends what you have?

Last edited:
If it was one of the separate trip & mcb switch solely for shower, then it would be handy for you, but you still need to be sure the pull cord switch is left off & the cable end is not left uncovered so for a belt & braces safety. You never know if somebody could turn the switch on in the consumer unit by mistake later

Pretty straightforward stuff: Turn off at consumer unit, check with multimeter, put junction box on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to electric shower disconnecting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock