Search the forum,

Discuss Elson Coral E Immersion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ontheball

Hi all. I posted a few days ago about an Elson Coral E thermal store. Quick question if anyone knows.....what is the difference between the original coral immersion for this system and a normal immersion heater? (in this case, it was replaced with an 11" incoloy immersion heater which I'll be replacing with the proper Elson element).

Only difference I can tell you in this case, is the Elson element was 14" and the wrong replacement is apparently 11". But if there is no difference, I'd rather just replace the thermostat to one that can go up to 85 degrees C, as needed.

Thanks.

Just an update on this....called Heatrea Sadia, as they take care of Elson customer support, and asked if the current immersion can be used with the Elson immersion thermostat (so i simply replace the thermostat and limit stat). As far as they can tell from their available literature, the specs of the original Elson immersion, make it out to be a standard 3kw immersion. Only difference being that their element is 14", whereas the one that was fitted is 11".

Now I know the thermostat probe is about 10.5" so I'm hoping it fits within the cover that goes over the element and i won't have to drain the whole thing down again to replace the element.

But if anyone knows for good reason why I may have issues doing this (I have found technical teams' advice to be wrong at times too), please correct me.

Another update. I found the issue...The Elson thermostat is longer in size than regular immersion stats (11" and 7", respectively). So it will only fit in the elson immersion heater. But despite what heatrea sadia customer support told me, the elson immersions are sold individually, and they do include the thermostats. Which is why the immersion costs around £100. Because the stat (which goes upto 85 degrees for the thermal store) alone is around £80. So i replaced the immersion with the proper one...for much cheaper than i was made to believe it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Elson Coral E Immersion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just had a new boiler and 210 ltr unvented tank fitted in the loft to replace a very old Baxi back boiler. I have now fitted a Solic 200...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I'm English and live in the Czech Republic and I'm having difficulty with my heating system. Unfortunately, I cant find any heating engineer...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, We moved into our house last year and our current central heating set up is: Boiler: Vokera Mynute HE system boiler Thermostats: 2x Robus...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I should start off by stating that I'm not in the industry - I'm just a DIYer with a "what-if" idea. Hybrid systems and solar...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock