Search the forum,

Discuss Elson Coral E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Our boiler was installed in Oct 2011 and the total cost was over £2000. For the last month the hot water on economy 7 has not been coming through and we were told that the lower, 2nd immersion heater was corroded and needed replacing.
Option 1. We were quoted nearly £600 for a new immersion heater, including labour and VAT.
Option 2. We were told that we should install a top range water softener which would descale the immersion heater and resolve the problem. We were told that this would cost £1700 with labour and VAT.
Option 3. The plumber who installed the original boiler expressed surprise that it is still working and suggest replacing it with another one at a cost of around £2000 with labour and VAT.

Obviously I know nothing about plumbing and hate to be throwing good money after bad. Each option seems to be expensive and I have no trust that any will work longer-term. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I'm guessing that you do not have gas in the property?

Also, where in the country are you? because the hardness of the water affects the advice given

Thirdly - IIRC correctly, the Coral E is an electric thermal store. Is it also heating radiators, or do you have some other form of space heating, and the coral is just doing hot water?

Finally, if you register on the site, you are more likely to get answers, and the moderators will be happy.

Thanks Ray,

no, there is no gas in the property and I live in London. The radiators are all electric so the boiler is only required to heat water. Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Elson Coral E in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock