Discuss Error E133 on Potterton HE Plus combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john2k

My potterton HE plus combi boiler is about 6 years old. Initially had one of those annual service plans but they dont really do much other than measure carbon monoxide. They dont really service the boiler. After 3 years of paying for these lame annual services I just cancel the service plan.

Last year I got E133 showing up on display and the boiler failed to ignite. I'm quite technical minded so certain things I can do. Research lead me to believe it's either the igniting probe or the flame sensing probe. I called in a gas safe engineer to have a look, they opened it up, cleaned the probes with a wire brush and also cleaned the main chamber where the gas burns. I was told that the chamber where the gas burns was quite badly corded, they cleaned it and washed it out. Since then it's been running fine for about 8 months. But today randomly these errors come back.

I am considering changing the igniter myself with a new igniter as it seems like a straight forward job. I will turn boiler off and intall a new gasket for it too. But question is, can a corroded flame chamber be causing this?

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks

Do you have a combustion analyser to check its rung correctly and saftley after you have finished??

No you don't. So call the last guy back in, stop being tight and think of your family's safety!

Do you have a combustion analyser to check its rung correctly and saftley after you have finished??

No you don't. So call the last guy back in, stop being tight and think of your family's safety!

The last guys opened the whole thing up, they didnt even replace the main seal and didnt do any gas combustion analysing. If gas safe engineers are doing this then what difference is there between them and me? at least I will change the gasket

Get another in then, you may be capable, but would you know if something wasn;t quite right?
As said above, for your own safety use a GSR

Leave. It. Alone.

You are neither qualified nor deemed competent.

Call in a gsr and stop messing around with something that could kill you.

Job 38.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Error E133 on Potterton HE Plus combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all, I've got a bit of a strange issue relating to my Ideal Logic Combi 35 which has recently started displaying a F2 error when trying to use...
Replies
Views
Williams25
W
  • Question
Hi I have a Potterton Heatmax Combi 28 HE that was installed in 2014. Over the past year or so it has slowly had more trouble heating distant...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock