Search the forum,

Discuss estimates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
how do large heating companies who send out an estimator to look at a potential job .deal with unsafe situations ?when i go out to look at a job and the boilers unsafe do i have to disconect issue notices etc if im there purley in the role of estimator ?
my problem is i often go in smart clothing and in a car to price work

the moment you have seen the gas installation and you are a gas competent person, you are totally responsible for it.

get a copy of 5th edition giusp, corgi still givimg them away.

its frightening to say the least.

imagine youve seen a boiler installation, with inadequate ventilation when you go to price up for a new one. you leave to write up your estimate, 1 hr later somebody dies in that room. its your problem.

ID situations you have no choice but to disconnect, (with the exceptions listed in book)
AR ask for permission to turn off,(hopefully he says no for your sake) label appropriately, get site manager to sign your paperwork passing the responsibility to him. explain the law to him. ring transco.
if he decides to open tap after you leave its his problem!!

thats the easy way. your paperwork is your get out of jail free card.

in a perfect world you would of course fix the problem there and then!!
worlds not perfect.

shaun

Our surveyors are not registered installers. They are aware of regulations regarding flue distances etc. but just price up the work and it's down to us to ensure that the regulations are complied with. If they see something obviously dangerous they will contact the gas transporter.

When I was self employed I used to have a toolkit and disposable coverall with me when estimating

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to estimates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock