Search the forum,

Discuss Expansion position on zoned heating in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts/ objections to position of expansion vessel. 3 zones on heating upstairs, downstairs and UFH. All zone valves on flow, pump on flow, loss header as well. Expansion vessel it situated on the return from the upstairs zone. I suppose it can’t be cut off by any means

Fine and better to have it on the return tbh

ideally should be at the neutral point eg connected into the llh but it’s fine where it is

As above. Ideally you want the vessel on the return going back to boiler, with the pump shortly after it. This creates a positive pressure through the boiler and system back to thr neutral point where the vessel is tapped in and a short section between vessel and pump under negative pressure. This creates ideal pressure throughout the system as well as not exposing the vessel to high flow temperatures, which lead to early failure of the diaphragm.
With a low loss header you should tap in the vessel on the bottom of the header, this creates the neutral point, with positive pressure through boiler loop.

Reply to Expansion position on zoned heating in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock