Search the forum,

Discuss Experience fixing boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecogas

Gas Engineer
Hi,

Can anyone let me know of any all round boiler fault finding courses that I could attend to increase fix rate???

I am fairly new to fault finding and want to avoid expensive mistakes.

Thanks

There are manufacturer specific ones which are often free - just need to travel to them.

Just get on some free ones, most of the new boilers have common parts, usely electronics different find one that shows you about using multi meter Think Baxi do one , what's the boiler you fit most of ? quick chat with local rep, or just contact manufacture, or like most guys just ring technical if stuck,

Baxi course, day going through basics of boilers and electrics then a day of fault finding. Picked up a lot on their course

Thats a downside of staying where I am, no courses hardly unless you travel. .

Get an old combi and convert it to lpg, and hook it up to a small lpg tank with one radiator and an outside tap ( hot ) in a garage ( up to regulatiions of course ) and voilla all the testing and practise you need , .you'll be surprised how quick u pick it up. Or just read forums or you tube lol

experience, manufacturers manuals and helplines will get you on your way and avoid WB until youve been at it a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Experience fixing boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and still not fixed. Then serviced it and still got the fault. Called up worcester and one says its the gas valve as it is making a 3 whoosing noises while...
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a home a year ago with what is probably an old heating system. There is a gas boiler linking to radiator central heating, and a water tank. Energy company charged an enormous amount for gas last winter (admittedly I hadn't taken regular meter readings so was unaware until a huge...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a britony combi se 80 with fault 40 60 80 had british gas out to repair under homecare cover but they can't seem to repair it. They have been out 7 times so far and fitted a new pump heat exchanger air pressure switch and a pcb. Does anyone on here know what else could be the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much easier to use!) This one keeps turning itself off. The hot water seems to work and is always warm. The heating also works but for random amounts of time...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock