Discuss External Van locks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkAqua

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm looking at purchasing the external van locks for rear doors and side sliding door. I appreciate it isn't about looks, however I think the big ones that bolt in look cheap and nasty. Prefer the Armadillo ones that BG use on the caddy, but they're hard to get hold of.

I want to avoid slam and dead locks.

What do you guys use?

M

Last edited:
You can only buy them from TVG cant you? Apparently they don't sell to single users. only wholesale.

Don't worry after a month you wouldn't use it anyway.

The key is massive and won't allow you to have an average bunch of keys on it and turn the lock without scratching the van.

Then in winter the barrel gets jammed with salt and grit and whilst you think it's locked you'll go out the next day to open it only to find it never actually locked.

then when they freeze that's always fun first thing in the morning.

then there's the gash on your forearm left by damn thing as a permanent reminder that you should have filed the edges down when the safety brief went out about said sharp edges.

i promise you this much in 6 years I know that out of 40 blokes 4 of them that locked their vans religiously. No body else could be bothered with the agro.

Yeah that is a good one VI. However you can only buy them if you're paying for it to be installed and to be honest I want to do it myself.

speaking from experience then Rob? haha

Yeah visually they are good but if you don't lock then you can tell. Personally I'd go for the recessed dead bolts as if you forget to lock it no one can tell

the ultimate slam lock is good, but expensive. the best solution is proper dead locks, 2 per door would be my choice if you can afford it, they dont freeze up. Ive got some armaDlocks (fitted myself) aswell as dead locks and they are good but need a defrost when very cold.

Might have a look at deadlock option then. Seems they will probably be the best in the long run.

I have locks4vans dead locks on all the doors on my vans. Great bit of kit that I lock every day, very easy to use, dont freeze and the key is of average size too

I'm looking at purchasing the external van locks for rear doors and side sliding door. I appreciate it isn't about looks, however I think the big ones that bolt in look cheap and nasty. Prefer the Armadillo ones that BG use on the caddy, but they're hard to get hold of.

I want to avoid slam and dead locks.

What do you guys use?

M

How come you want to avoid dead locks,
There small & discrete
Can't tell if there locked or not
Theres nothing to pry at
And you can fit them to every door and have one key,

Ive got them on my van, best investment I ever made, lock them religiously every day and outside some jobs

How come you want to avoid dead locks,
There small & discrete
Can't tell if there locked or not
Theres nothing to pry at
And you can fit them to every door and have one key,

Ive got them on my van, best investment I ever made, lock them religiously every day and outside some jobs

Ill be honest, I've decided to go with deadlocks!

Thanks for the input guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to External Van locks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I...
Replies
Views
hi all ive got a 1000x800 mira oblong tray and need a sliding door cubical to fit 1000 sliding door with 800 panel , iv fitted lots in the past...
Replies
Views
Hi all Got a very old looking outside tap at our house which is not in use. A plumber is visiting soon to do a bathroom refit, and whilst here...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hello, Trust everyone is well and keeping safe. Apologies in advance for the lengthy post but I could really do with some advice as I'm mid...
Replies
Views
Back