Discuss Extra radiators ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all, a custard wants to add 4 radiators to there existing system and is like to get the pipe work in before the boards go up. I was just gonna run a 10mm manifold off the 22mm flow/return and that gives me the 4 flow and returns for the rads does this seem like the best practice? It's an extension at the back of the house and all 4 rads are going in there and the out house. Any suggestions please?

i would avoid manifolds unless the system is spotless. keep your 10mm runs to a few meters away from the rads if possible.

Hmm. So would teeing off the 22mm with 15mm then down to 10mm behind the rad positions be best?

yes sounds good, you want as much flow as you can get without robbing from the rest of the system

so many variables here..But generally if you extend a 22 curcuit you should be ok ....unless the system is maxed out already..But sure you have checked boiler and pipe sizes of existing system and flow and return temps ,so should be ok....

Lol. Out of the 4 rads the furthest from the boiler will only be 7-9 metres away. The current system only has 6 rads connected all in 15mm copper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Extra radiators ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock