Discuss F22 error on Vaillant Ecotec Plus Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 418 boiler (standard boiler, not combi), but as of this morning my heating and hot water has stopped working, and I get the error message F22.

I believe this means the pressure is low and I've looked online, and it suggest I must use valves under the boiler to repressurise. However, my boiler/pipes do not have these valves (as far as I can see).

I've included 4 photos. Photo 1 is the boiler panel, photo 2 is the underneath of the boiler, and photos 3 and 4 are in the airing cupboad.

Can anyone help or suggest anything? Thank you!

Boiler.jpg

Boiler Underneath.jpg

Airing Cupboard.jpg

Airing Cupboard 2.jpg

if its a sealed system there will be an orange/red coloured vessel with a guage near it and probably a flex hose with one or two taps this is where you need to re-pressurise the system

i think your system is an open vent with the tanks in the loft so no vessel in this case
F 22 is Dry fire

Too little water in the appliance, water pressure sensor defective, cable to pump or water sensor defective, pump blocked or defective, pump output too low

possibly your pump is defective

Thank you for your replies. Gasmk1 is there a way if I could know for certain that it is an open vent system? And SimonG I've just checked and yes there is water in the loft tanks.

Also just to say the boiler is a standard boiler, not a combi boiler, if that helps.

if there is two tanks in the loft then it is open vent and it is more than likely the pump feel it to see if it is hot or vibrating

Hi Gasmk1, thanks again for your reply. Yes there are two tanks in the loft. The pump is cold and not vibrating, but I guess that is because the heating and hot water are off? Even if try to turn them on, the pump doesn't seem to change.

does the valve on the 3 port motor open when calling for heat there is a lever on the side end you cant see this should be loose if its opening

Reply to F22 error on Vaillant Ecotec Plus Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock