Search the forum,

Discuss Facebook for business advertising? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mbear

Who uses it? Does it help or hinder u?

I suppose free advertising can only be a good thing surely!!

I was thinking of going alone (BG) and I would certainly use that media...it is the future. Watched a program recently, there is a dedicated business section to advise

Does the business section of Facebook cost anything to start/update/run?

You can set up a page which is free, if you want to advertise then it costs, they use targeted PPC. Personally I just set up a page for my business and post the odd tip now and again, my website gets more work for me but its good to spread yourself out over a lot of different media.

You can set up a page which is free, if you want to advertise then it costs, they use targeted PPC. Personally I just set up a page for my business and post the odd tip now and again, my website gets more work for me but its good to spread yourself out over a lot of different media.
That's quite an impressive site CES. Did you employ professsional designers or are you a wizard on the Web too? What is your success rate with on line advertising?

Thanks I got a company to vamp it up a bit, it looks impressive but the actual content is still a bit ropey for my liking. Not really had time to sit down and write what I want it to say, the blurb is just what the web company knocked up for me. I get a lot of enquiries from the website, I can usually convert about 80% to sales. I get a lot of work from Yell.com (as opposed to yellow pages). The thing with advertising is people expect a phonecall = work, its not always the case and you have to do your bit to sell yourself.

As said,me thinks,very nice ,well designed site CES,like it a lot

:cheesy:

a mate of mine has his own plumbing business and has a facebook page, loads of people use it and he says he gets a reasonable amount of work from something that he doesnt pay for except by time to jump on it and make comments, post tips etc, he sometimes posts a link to it to ask his facebook friens to "like" the page to boost it up, takes 1 second to click so no prob to help him out

did my facebook about a month or so ago , mainly for customers to put feedback and for new customers to be given it to read , along with web site

Facebook is forcing people to drink the labels of alcohol it promotes, says a survey commissioned by world alcohol giant Diageo. Sales have hoped for Smirnoff and Baileys since they began promoting greatly on Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Facebook for business advertising? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
Merry (almost) Christmas PlumbersForums.net! It is already that time of year again when we say Merry (almost Christmas) to TilersForums.com...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
I have bought an old house in rural France and it has an oil tank and Unical oil powered boiler (Italian I think). Its a beast of a thing but...
Replies
Views
H
Hello everyone , just see if anyone has any advice on the best places and ways to advertise my little part time private business I’m starting in...
Replies
Views
Sorry for asking a silly question but does anyone know how this seat comes off ? Have had advice from local plumber but even he couldn't see how...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock