Search the forum,

Discuss Failed balanced flue(rust( in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just had oil boiler serviced and was told balanced flue failing on old Tranco Eurostar.Starting to suck exhaust fumes into boiler instead of clean air.Was told that as a temp. measure until I get a replacement delivered it's possible to unclip air hose and draw air from there and can block exhaust fumes coming into room with a rag.Boiler in draughty porch with open windows.Would welcome any opinions on this
Thanks

In gas regs this would be classed as immediately dangerous and appliance would be capped off.
Although this isn't gas, it's the same in terms of safety.
I would not accept any advice on this that hasn't come from an experienced and well qualified engineer.
If there is a real risk to life from having no heating AND no other heating can be arranged, then a work-around could be considered.

Needs sorting sooner rather than later.

As for a workaround its upto the engineer on site and the site conditions. Messing with a flue is not a diy fix.

Reply to Failed balanced flue(rust( in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, came across this forum this looking for information on my sooting up kitchen type indoor Enviromax. I'm a retired electronics/maintenance...
Replies
Views
We have a Firebird oil boiler, 35kw and have recently started getting issues regarding condensate or lack of it. Long story as short as possible...
Replies
Views
Ok where to start. Called to a customers home to attend a Riva Advance he with an intermittant fault. On viewing the combi for the first time...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
J
I say 'engineers' but is that actually true in the strictest sense of the word? I guess that depends on how you interpret the work of a Plumber...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock