Discuss Fancy a laugh in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destroyer2813

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to a house today to have a look a boiler that had packed up for a builder who i do work for ex wife old Gloworm 50BF went suspected gas valve went to check the rest of the system looked in the airing cupboard and came across a IMI Flowmax 180ltr cylinder whch i then spotted was leaking and here the Fun begins, went to parts center 178+vat for the gas valve and my a trip to my other merchants after a few book searches and phone calls get a ROUGH price of 1400+vat. Not surprisingly the bloke on the phone said they dont get many takers i wonder why.

Not very funny for the householder but i nearly fell over when they came out with that price

Does it arrive on it's own and install itself for that price! :)

that's a good one no wonder they don't get many takers

Last edited by a moderator:
it is nearly xmas and the elvs might do it for them in the night more fun that doin shoes lol how do you give a price like that plus ye labour and they wonder why people fit combi,s

Last edited by a moderator:
The Albion Mainsflow is also a rip off. Not sure the current price, but it has to be well over a grand, for what is basically a grade 3 cylinder with a multiple microbore coil for the mains to hot transfer, & a top up tank, & a PRV, blending valve & exp vessel.

Would be easier to fit a combi but they have a bathroom with a 1800 bath seperate shower, ensuite,utility cloakroom and kitchen. probably gonna go Gledhill unvented

Talking of rip offs, I was caught short the other day without a 68mm rainwater elbow so I went into Jewsons for the first time in 2 years as I was in a rush.

Over 11 quid, each!

before.jpg
Here, you go lad's. I was asked by a "GSR plumber" to come have a look at a job he had done, and had a problem getting radiators working. Oh, this is just the start, he had 8mm tee's under the floor for rads. He thought it would best to "have someone with a fresh head" to have a look at it. I told him I could fix it, but I would have to strip it all out and start again from scratch... He accepted!! He was from Edinburgh and this job was in Fortrose!! I gave him price and he paid me upfront to fix it!! He was desperate to get back home. Any of you heard the like?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fancy a laugh in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock