Search the forum,

Discuss fault guides in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

what are the thoughts on starting a fault guide only acsessable by the trade?common makes and how to resolve problems?if you have fixed a fault sharing experience on breakdowns:confused:

luvelry,
thought about this myself.
only problem is prowesness, that of being better than others fault finding.
some may not wish to participate.

do you realise if sucessfull, we could be aherm, better technically than tha manufacturers or b.g. due to the pooled knowledge?.

give you one for free,
friday, baxi bermuda wont fire up, no ignition.
go through general checks no success.
call baxi, follow their ideas.
nope, the boards knacked they say £135+vat.
pull out temp sensor, plug back onto board and alls good again?.
£50 please, goodbye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interested in all/any fault guides as im fairly new to breakdowns and boiler repairs. (been doing gas for about 13 years now). Fortunately i work with many good service and breakdown engineers that i can call for advice and guidance but im also very keen to fix, search and learn myself.

heres another free one want to know if the airswitch has failed on a baxi 105 or 80 he and blowing in the switch does nothing?using a GOOD multimeter on continuity link terminal31 to terminal29 if it fires the airswitch is dead

Agreed blowing through air pressure switch will prove it works or not, and is a commonly used test - i do it myself. however once blown through will need replacing anyway.
as for a guide just for the trade, a one big fix everything guide - definite no no for me, it would take one person from the trade to upload it to any p2p site, and that would allow all and everybody to attempt to fix their own boiler !!

good idea, impossible execution.

Trouble is the diaphragm in an air pressure switch is thinner than a rizla paper and blowing through will more than likely cause more damage.
I always use my multimeter on boiler components now. It's dead easy and if you don't know how to use one then I strongly recommend the 1 day course Baxi do on basic electrics. Best £45 I have spent. Now I can diagnose boilers no problem which is good for me and the customers.
I'm all for a fault guide thread and don't mind sharing experience with other engineers in the plumbers arms.
Rob

dont get me wrongs, anybody up for recieving a 4gb file is more than welcome to send me their email, with gas safe number and proof its you, happily send you my my file

dont get me wrongs, anybody up for recieving a 4gb file is more than welcome to send me their email, with gas safe number and proof its you, happily send you my my file

that would be bloody marvellous of you migo,i really want to get into boiler breakdowns as i have found that on the boilers i have managed to repair i have found it massivley pleasing. Only been gas safe since december but been a plumber since i left school 18 years ago. pm sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fault guides in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock