Search the forum,

Discuss fernox TF1 leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello
i am installing right now a Fernox TF1 filter, no problem for the installation, but i notce a leak coming from the inlet/outlet port where it screws to the main body.
I never touched it because the return to the boiler runs vertical and the flow direction is as indicated on the filter, it should work without any modification, and without adding or modifying any o-ring.
Has any one of you guys experienced this problem? Must be defective, Do i have to replace the filter?
Please help!!!
Thank youi

hi

put the horizontal o ring on to get it tight

sometimes they don't sit vertically but at a angle i know it looks crap but it won't leak

There should be a kit of different coloured washers and spacers in the box. Make sure you have the right ones in for the orientation and also that the washer sits properly in the groove.

Hi
I give it back to the supplier the new one didn't leak at all.
It was originally fitted with the inline valve connection, so didn't need to modify anything.
The fernox technical web site told me to use the next size up (yellow) seal until they will send me a new seal.
Anyway I personally think that the union between filter and boss is a weak point, it can be easily forced when removing the filter cover.

I had same problem and after contacting Fernox technical department they suggested the factory fitted black o-ring had not been removed before inserting the colored o-ring by the heating plumber.

I took the filter apart and they were right, the yellow o-ring was mangled against the black o-ring. I removed both and fitted the next size up (red o-ring in my case, horizontal flow left to right with black spacer).

I like to say many thanks to Fernox for their advice and supplying me with new o-rings free of charge next day delivery.

had one leak from bleed point on the top, plastic thread on body had split. merchant replaced it no problems

I had the same bother, black o ring that comes inside as standard is just too pishy, far too easy to nip it and get a leak, to fix it I just put the yellow oring in and gave it an extra nip up. I think they should get a clamping nut and be able to adjust the inlet like you can with the magnabooster.

I had faced a similar issue with a fernox, and found a faulty black ring. I replaced both O rings . No issues since I fitted the replacements.
Regards,
ASD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fernox TF1 leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock