Discuss Fernox tf1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ansell0

Hi there i have just fitted a tf1 filter because i have been getting little black chunks in my ch water and assumed the tf1 with its strong magnet would catch all the little black chunks. i have drained the filter 3 times now only to find it gets minute particles but not the bigger bits, very annoyed, can anyone help me , have i done anything wrong???? many thanks

These filters are not designed to get lots of sludge and crap out of your system.

This should be done via flushing or power flushing the system.

Installing one of these filters will then ensure that the problem doesn't reoccur by getting rid of the iron oxide that is produced thereafter.

i have a small gauze like thing in one of my pipes that has a screw cap on the end, if i de-pressureise the boiler then take the screw cap off these black bits come out with a bit of water. now these bits must have passed the tf1 to get to the gauze filter??? just think its odd that they pass by the strong magnet then get caught by the gauze. confused

they're not magnetic if they're not getting caught by the magnet

they so are. i have put the magnet on them after taking the gauze out and the all stick to it? thats why its odd

is it on the return pipe before the gauze ? if so shows that tf1's are not that good IMHO

How are you draining the TF1? Are you removing the magnet before you open the drain valve? Maybe it could be full? I usually isolate it and remove the whole internals (the big nut on the top) because I like to see what its caught. If its not catching anything and you are getting magnetite going through it I would send it back to Fernox as its obviously not right.
Personally I've had no trouble with either the TF1's or the Adey Magnaclean they always do what it says on the box.

As dancinplumba, I have have heard/read they are not good units. Allegedly they are poorly designed and a lot of the crud is not held in the vortex and runs straight through.
The magnaclean although has issues with seals is a better designed in this respect.

As anz mentioned these units are not designed to clean a dirty system. They are to keep a clean system clean.

have done everything by the instructions, on the return pipe, took the magnet out first ect ect. is it worth me putting the pump on number 1 to slow the flow????? or will that not move the bits around the system? i have got to take my secondary heat exchanger out and clean that again now because it is full of these black bits. gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fernox tf1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a rusty radiator in the bathroom, not worth repainting as there is already paint on top of rust. It will be straightforward for me to...
Replies
Views
I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the...
Replies
Views
This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock