Discuss Ferroli(I know bag of s**t), Hot Water Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooly89

Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

Another interesting one for you.

So one of my customers has a Modena 102(has no plate heat ex.)

which is fine on heating, fine on hot water to the kitchen(downstairs) outlet but when the bath tap(Upstairs) is run the hot water flow is having to be restricted via the tap to get any kind of hot water and then after a few minutes(if that) boiler drops out(still registering flow) and the fires back up and does this continuously. As far as I understand the basin tap runs hot and then flow stops completely(customers words).

I have tested all thermistors and limit stats and nothing is flagging up. also I thought of flow sensor but if this is A-working fine with kitchen and B-registering flow even when faulting surely this rules this out?

Cheers

Pooly

Have you checked min and nominal burner pressure? How hot does the water get and at what flow rate?

Hi Guys,

Another interesting one for you.

So one of my customers has a Modena 102(has no plate heat ex.)

which is fine on heating, fine on hot water to the kitchen(downstairs) outlet but when the bath tap(Upstairs) is run the hot water flow is having to be restricted via the tap to get any kind of hot water and then after a few minutes(if that) boiler drops out(still registering flow) and the fires back up and does this continuously. As far as I understand the basin tap runs hot and then flow stops completely(customers words).

I have tested all thermistors and limit stats and nothing is flagging up. also I thought of flow sensor but if this is A-working fine with kitchen and B-registering flow even when faulting surely this rules this out?

Cheers

Pooly

take the case off,if it works fine venturies are breaking up,first signs are normally dhw affected

take the case off,if it works fine venturies are breaking up,first signs are normally dhw affected

Cheers gas man, I have ad the case off and had fan out as part of service, venturies are not blocked or breaking up.

I haven't check min or nominal, have check max and that's ok. I haven't checked hot water temp /flow at the outlet but apparently gets very hot at almost a trickle then goes cold. I have had a pipe stat(anton) on the hot water out from the boiler and it does not get past 50 degrees even when set at max. then after a few minutes locks out.....:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli(I know bag of s**t), Hot Water Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve been doing my first refurbishment is a two bed flat with a bathroom and ensuite . Learnt a lot and been grateful for input’s...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock