Discuss Ferroli Optimax 38, nothing on display? Possible PCB fault? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alexfossa

Hi All,

I've got a Optimax 38 HE, which has been fairly reliable up until now.

This morning, the display was completely blank, and nothing is working.

Did all the usuall checks, fuses etc... still nothing.

So then started breaking it down into sections and seeing if anything was blown.

Removed the PCB, did a quick visual inspection, check voltages on Secondary 1 and Secondary 2 on the transformer, all OK.

Visually check the joint, all seem fine, no corrosion. Checked all diodes.

Put it all back together, and still nothing. Then i heard a sound, the fan is trying to start, for about a second every 10 seconds. If I leave the power in the fan, but remove the sense cable, the fan starts and works.

However, still nothing on the LCD, nor any functions.

Any ideas? I dont really want to gamble £230 on a new PCB if it could be something else.

Thanks,

Alex

If got power and not much else then certainly point towards PCB.

Ferrolli tech desk advice, not kidding, bang the bottom left corner of the boiler 5 to 10 times over the pcb housing and this should loosen up the jammmed relay thats not working properly. then if the boilers still under warranty call ferrolli to replace the pcb as the relay will continue to jam. let us know if this simple technical cure works , it did for me on several occassions recently,lol

Absolutely spot on... works!

I'm going to take to PCB into work tomorrow and get one of our electronic engineers to replace the 3 or 4 relays.

Warranty is out on this boiler.

Thanks,

Alex

Nice to get a happy custard in this cold weather, the relays on the board are cheap chinese and ferrolli dont seem to be sourcing decent ones hence why replacemnt pcb are failing al the time as well. How many thumps did it take to get working?

On the ball oldplumber. Heard that one before, but forgot about it. Useful tip.;)

This sounds exactly like my problem. Tried the banging and it didnt work. Any other ideas? Thanks, Nikki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Optimax 38, nothing on display? Possible PCB fault? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock