Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli Sigma 40-60 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

redcuckoo

Hi,

Can anyone give me a few of their opinions on what they think of the Ferroli Sigma 40-60 boiler. I have one installed that is fitted downstairs in an out build at the back of my property. The property is 2 terraced houses knocked into one and the boiler has to heat up 7 rads but only 1 ever gets red hot, nevermind how high i put the dial temp on the boiler. Im just wondering if this boiler isnt up to the job and maybe its time for a replacement of a better make and model. Ive had this problem since the boiler was fitted yrs ago but its gradually got worse now to the stage where the furthest rad never even gets lukewarm.

Be grateful of any of your expert help!!!! Thanks.

How old is the boiler, there renowned for being rather rubbish. In this instance it's hard to say weather the boilers at fault or not. Lift the smallest rad of and see if it's got loads of sludge in it. If it's ok, your looking at (dare I say it) pump issues or some form of restriction.

Im sure its well over 6/7 yrs old. Ive flushed the system out recently to change all the valves on the rads just incase any of them were sticking & i had the water running clear but still i had the same problems.

lets all start to behave properly and stop rubbishing certain brands for what ever reason and actually offer some decent advice to the op. The guy states he has flushed his system checked the valves arent stuck and all seems ok. Straight away the first thing we should advice is to ensure his system is balanced properly to achieved the correct delta T across each rad and in and out of the boiler. Only one rad ever gets red hot he says!!!, not sure I'd want a red hot rad but obviously there isnt a problem with the boiler if one rad is heating ok, so he needs to look else where as I suggested. If he cant balance the system, he could look at the pump and check all his flow pipes are warming ok and there isnt a blockage. Then the op might actually get to the bottom of his problem without going and replacing a working boiler and finding none of his rads work still!!!

lets all start to behave properly and stop rubbishing certain brands for what ever reason and actually offer some decent advice to the op. The guy states he has flushed his system checked the valves arent stuck and all seems ok. Straight away the first thing we should advice is to ensure his system is balanced properly to achieved the correct delta T across each rad and in and out of the boiler. Only one rad ever gets red hot he says!!!, not sure I'd want a red hot rad but obviously there isnt a problem with the boiler if one rad is heating ok, so he needs to look else where as I suggested. If he cant balance the system, he could look at the pump and check all his flow pipes are warming ok and there isnt a blockage. Then the op might actually get to the bottom of his problem without going and replacing a working boiler and finding none of his rads work still!!!

Theres no way it's going to be balancing, if only one rad works out of seven! If the systems clean, it's either restriction in or out of the boiler, or pump. End of!
and I said ferrolis were generally regarded as rather rubbish. Do you disagree? After all it's not an Intergas.

Last edited:
How was it flushed.
Can you talk us through how it was done

Theres no way it's going to be balancing, if only one rad works out of seven! If the systems clean, it's either restriction in or out of the boiler, or pump. End of!
and I said ferrolis were generally regarded as rather rubbish. Do you disagree? After all it's not an Intergas.[/QUOTE

one rad works fine!! the clues there, I disagree that because the brand is regarded as rubbish that it automatically needs replacing, other wise I feel some advice on here is utter crap.

and I said ferrolis were generally regarded as rather rubbish. Do you disagree? After all it's not an Intergas.[/QUOTE

one rad works fine!! the clues there, I disagree that because the brand is regarded as rubbish that it automatically needs replacing, other wise I feel some advice on here is utter crap.

Lame, remind me when I said the boiler needs renewing? Have you ever seen a seven rad system that needed balancing to that extent? I had a similar situation recently, the diverter on the flow outlet had an opening the thickness of a pencil, and about 4inches in the flow pipe.

Well as system water is getting hot the boiler seems to be operating ok and down to circulation problem...take it this problem started once boiler replaced and system worked ok before?...how come you did not take up with installer?....any how...would try turning pump round first and see what happens with a bit of reverse circulation

Last edited by a moderator:
It was never as bad as it is now. Gradually its just become worse. Is it ok to turn the pump around??? What is the effect if you was to do that by mistake when changing the pump???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Sigma 40-60 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock