Search the forum,

Discuss Find a plumber by postcode / area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikimac

I know there's a find a plumber area on ukplumbersforum but IMO it seems rather dated & not listed by area making it difficult for customers to use. If this has been mentioned before then please forgive me but couldn't the powers that be have a proper find a plumber by postcode or area (similar to GSR) that the members here could subscribe to. I would be happy to pay a subscription to cover costs in updating & general admin for the site & I'd rather give my £ to ukplumbersforum than to many others. Any thoughts guys?

The only Problem would be if the search engine turned up more then 1 - who'd be top of the list?

The only Problem would be if the search engine turned up more then 1 - who'd be top of the list?

Good point. There would hopefully be a variety of jobs ie some gas, some oil, powerflushing etc & some would be interested & others not so it would be horses for courses. I suppose it would then be down to price etc & there could be a feedback system from customers.

Good point. There would hopefully be a variety of jobs ie some gas, some oil, powerflushing etc & some would be interested & others not so it would be horses for courses. I suppose it would then be down to price etc & there could be a feedback system from customers.

Cool, can I have first dibs on all the easy and high earning jobs in my area everyone can fight over the rest!

Lol...fine, I get a nosebleed if I go past Crawley anyway :bucktooth:

Lol, Im all for supporting the British economy & why holiday abroad when the beaches in Cornwall on a hot summer beat anywhere I've been in years, no ash clouds or terror related delays & my digestive system is happy with the food on offer :cool3:

Sure, there are a lot of us everywhere but there will be work some can do (ie gas, oil, solar) where others might not be qualified or are weak in that area or are simply to busy to do.

What I'd like to see & have done for years is a facility run by plumbers (with an understanding of whats involved) for plumbers. It might work - or not. I don't think this type of 'in house' concept has been tried before.

Wasn't there a similar thing suggested in the arms before - bit like a find a trade website? Not sure what happened to that idea.

Hi Guys
I have been working on a few sites that would give plumbers a bit of free advertising for their businesses, I have already set one up in Essex and could do one for your areas if needed. these would be be fully updated as I know a lot of directories out there are just left.
Let me know your thoughts.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Find a plumber by postcode / area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Okay, so this is part of a wider efforts to balance the books for the forums. We're trialing it out. But it comes with some good benefits as well as a few ads. So read the whole thread please before judging and replying. :) New Ads for logged-in users unless you have any one of the below:- You...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed today that some stains have appeared on my downstairs hall ceiling, just beneath the en-suite - there is a large sort of brownish or rust-coloured patch just about where the shower tray is and then a much paler patch over to the right, roughly below where the toilet pan sits...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being reported to me, that concerns me forum-wise. The aim with this place is to be really helpful. No matter what the Original Poster (OP) has come here...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping for a bit of advice. We are in the process of renovating an old house and as part of that work we are upgrading the old 1980s boiler and gravity fed system with a new boiler and unvented cylinder. I got a load of quotes, went for a guy we thought seemed ok and checked that he was...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock