Search the forum,

Discuss Firebird C35 not firing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Afternoon, hoping to get some advice:

I’ve just drained my central heating system to remove 2 upstairs radiators, and now after refilling, the boiler won’t fire up.

The mains light is on, no lock-out light, the thermostat is set to 30*C, all radiators are bled, pressure is at 1 bar, there is oil in the tank and the burner is clean.

The boiler hasn’t been touched (aside from turning the water supply off in order to drain) so I’m at a loss as to why it won’t fire up.

Model is a Firebird Enviromax C35, with a Drayton LP522 programmer, if that matters.

Chances are you have an air lock and the boiler is sensing no flow

Try hot water only and there should be a air release/ vent round the cylinder flow or return looks like a serrated nipple off a pipe

Try running only hot water heating for 30 mins

Can you hear water flow through the boiler ?

Air locked is there a drain off on the boiler and any valves ?

Air locked is there a drain off on the boiler and any valves ?
Yes there is a drain off from the boiler, but I’ve been using the drain from a radiator. I’ve drained and refilled again and bled every radiator. There is water moving through the boiler as I can feel the pump whirring, but it won’t fire.

Reply to Firebird C35 not firing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock