Discuss Firebird C35 not firing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Afternoon, hoping to get some advice:

I’ve just drained my central heating system to remove 2 upstairs radiators, and now after refilling, the boiler won’t fire up.

The mains light is on, no lock-out light, the thermostat is set to 30*C, all radiators are bled, pressure is at 1 bar, there is oil in the tank and the burner is clean.

The boiler hasn’t been touched (aside from turning the water supply off in order to drain) so I’m at a loss as to why it won’t fire up.

Model is a Firebird Enviromax C35, with a Drayton LP522 programmer, if that matters.

Chances are you have an air lock and the boiler is sensing no flow

Try hot water only and there should be a air release/ vent round the cylinder flow or return looks like a serrated nipple off a pipe

Try running only hot water heating for 30 mins

Can you hear water flow through the boiler ?

Air locked is there a drain off on the boiler and any valves ?

Air locked is there a drain off on the boiler and any valves ?
Yes there is a drain off from the boiler, but I’ve been using the drain from a radiator. I’ve drained and refilled again and bled every radiator. There is water moving through the boiler as I can feel the pump whirring, but it won’t fire.

Reply to Firebird C35 not firing in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all...got some issues....drained my working ok system yesterday to upgrade some 15 to 22 on the flow and return rad circuit. Refilled and bled...
Replies
Views
Hi, would appreciate any thoughts on the below. I have an almost 10yr old Ferroli Modena 32S HE system boiler. (I am aware of their reputation...
Replies
Views
S
Good afternoon. Our Greenstar i combi boiler works fine for heating but I am trying to find out why the boiler doesn't fire when I call for hot...
Replies
Views
Hi My grandmothers property has a back boiler heated by a solid fuel appliance using coal. Yes, I know. She’s stubborn! Unfortunately the...
Replies
Views
Our upstairs radiators were getting much hotter much quicker than down stairs. To try and balance I altered some of the lock values on the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock