Search the forum,

Discuss Fiting new radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hello Friends

I am fitting a couple of new radiators and wanted to ask what best practise is with regards to pipework. In that I mean should the pipework that comes under the rad to the valve be fitted with a pie clip on the skirting board or on the wall.

Is there a best practice or best way to do this? At present the 'bodger' who I purchased my house from fitted rads that are way too big (height wise) and the pipes are down the wall and clipped to the skirting.

With a smaller better rad I'll have a chice of wall or skirting, I'll also be able to box in at the side as changing pipe location to other side rather than where they are now as it looks ****zen!!

Any advice as usualy very much appreciated.

kind regards

Rocket

are the pipes coming up through the floor direct to the rad? shouldn't be a need to clip
if the pipes are running along the wall, its your choice what will look bests, clipped to skirting/wall

Last edited:
I generally clip above the skirting as it leaves the pipes less vulnerable to hoover damage.

Heres a radiator ive done, if pipes come through the wall suit as follows
plumbing 3.jpg

My pipe come down from the above bedroom, so I will be moving the pipes to a corner from where they are now and then along the wall. Pretty simple as going fro a slightly smaller rad height wise so wil be more space to put pipes on wall if beter rather than skirting, although I will have a rad cover also so no pipes will be seen but for future what is best?

Thanks all

Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fiting new radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock