Discuss Flooded Sshower tray, shared wastes and cowboy plumbers.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

theskiingbear

Fairly newly installed shower tray in our ensuite has started to fill with water when we use it. This started 2 days ago since our plumbers connected the bath in our main bathroom. Up to that point the drainage didnt seem too bad, but now the water is filling up the whole tray, we dont understand why this has just started to happen. The waste from our ensuite is connected to/feeds into the waste in our main bathroom and as I said, the bath waste has just been connected. We have had other issues with the plumbing with this crowd of labourers eg toilet leaking from base (toilet to blame...now fixed though) and bath waste leaking (to be fixed). We dont see how the bath being connected up to the waste in the main bathroom could be related to the shower tray drainage issue but hoping one of you experts can shed some light?

We are due to have our ensuite shower removed and refitted as the wall tiling is a dogs dinner but the floor in our main bathroom has just been laid and the ensuite floor is not being lifted. We can only access the ensuite shower waste from our kitchen ceiling. There is a hole in the ceiling at the moment (dont ask) so we can see the ensuite shower waste if that has any bearing.

By the way we have a mega flow.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like to many things running into one waste that cant cope, either to long or no fall or too small

When you say too small what do you think is too small? Also as we will be taking the shower out and refitting, is there anything we can do to fix it, bearing in mind that we have access to the waste through our kitchen ceiling

id have run 2"/50mm for the wastes for a bath and shower to ensure theyworked ok and i expect youve basins going in as well

Yes, we have got basins going in there as well. I have a horrible feeling the plumbers changed the original waste pipes in our main bathroom, for narrower pipes. The ensuite wastes havent been touched, yet... But I dont understand why we didnt have this issue before, when the main bathroom wastes were changed. It has just started to happen since the bath in our main bathroom has been plumbed in.

Any suggestions on how to address this issue?

Are these the same guys with the £1200 shopping list?? I think you had some 50mm waste pipe on there,I wonder if it's been used on your job?

Are these the same guys with the £1200 shopping list?? I think you had some 50mm waste pipe on there,I wonder if it's been used on your job?

Yes, its me again with more worries. Yes the 50mm wastes were on the list, were they used, who knows....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flooded Sshower tray, shared wastes and cowboy plumbers.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock