Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Floor standing boiler to fit within cupboard under worktop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mesteptoe

I currently have a Gloworm Hideaway Boiler (37KW) under the Kitchen worktop. I think it is now 30 years old. This boiler is 855mm (H) x 480mm (W) x 510mm (D). The cupboard is 600mm wide, 895mm from floor to underside worktop and the depth is 580mm from back (external) wall to nearer face of cupboard door.

Does anyone know of a good replacement boiler which will fit within the available space?

Thank you.

where does the flue go on your gw out the back?

and sealed or gravity?

It's not broken but with a continual burning pilot light it must be costing us quite a bit in gas
Flue pipe out the back
It's a gravity system
The Worcester Bosch CDi FS Regular is 600mm deep + 25mm to face of door so won't fit

It's not broken but with a continual burning pilot light it must be costing us quite a bit in gas
Flue pipe out the back
It's a gravity system
The Worcester Bosch CDi FS Regular is 600mm deep + 25mm to face of door so won't fit

he problem your going to find most new boilers the flue goes off the top

another vote for the worcester

Last edited:
Not the Worcester

thats good just looked at the manual and doesnt show going out the back just elbow off the top and out will remember that tho

But the Worcester is too deep (600+25 to door required). I only have 580mm.

But the Worcester is too deep (600+25 to door required). I only have 580mm.

thats the problem the floor standing boilers are big and theres not that many of them out there (different types)

Ideal Mexico?

Well it looks like the Ideal Mexico HE36 might just fit.

Has anyone had experience of the reliability of these?

Thanks

How easy is it to fit a wall hung boiler under a granite Kitchen worktop?

Don't the new Glowworm energys have a rear flue now?

I wasn't suggesting that it would be fitted by anyone other than a gas safe person. Just asking if fitting a wall mounted boiler under a worktop can be done.

I wasn't suggesting that it would be fitted by anyone other than a gas safe person. Just asking if fitting a wall mounted boiler under a worktop can be done.

in short yes

i am looking to replace my old Potterton Kingfisher with a floor standing Mexico. i always reckoned the old non condensing ones were great.
What are the condensing like to work on and are they as reliable?

i am looking to replace my old Potterton Kingfisher with a floor standing Mexico. i always reckoned the old non condensing ones were great.
What are the condensing like to work on and are they as reliable?

please register and create your own thread

and your boiler is older than 15 years i would be lucky if a new one would last more than 10 tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Floor standing boiler to fit within cupboard under worktop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock