Discuss Floor standing boilers! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I'm pricing a job to replace this: IMG_3431.jpg
Lovely isn't she!! :)

Customer is from abroad. Not sure where, but judging her accent I think Poland. She said back home, they don't do wall hung boilers, and she wants another floor standing boiler.

I fit plenty of floor standing oil boilers, but no gas ones at all.

Any makes to look at in particular? I know a lot of manufacturers still make em, just thought I'd pick the brains of the masses, so I don't quote her a pig of a boiler.

I'm looking at WB and possibly another Potterton (as this one has had such a good innings, it must be at least 6 years old, and is still going strong ;) :) )

PS - Stan, in your experience are most boilers in Poland still floor standing?

(Just curious mate).

Ideal Mexico, excellent boiler, basically just an Isar inside! Lololololol.

image.jpg

I serviced one of these the other day. Easy to service, parts look like they may be a bugger to fit, but I thought it was an amazing boiler.

The customer was really impressed with it and it had been in 2 years without a problem.

I think it was called a high flow from memory :)

WB FS Danny 30 kw or 42 kw can be down rated if needed, built in condensate pump too and comes with tube and outlet adaptor to overflow, 28 mm connections if needed also on flow and return

View attachment 11512

I serviced one of these the other day. Easy to service, parts look like they may be a bugger to fit, but I thought it was an amazing boiler.

The customer was really impressed with it and it had been in 2 years without a problem.

I think it was called a high flow from memory :)

WB 440 CDi high flow combi Tom

Ok, this is all good. Thanks.

I'm going to start checking prices.

Looking at 40KW boiler. I tend to only service old Kingfishers, and yes, the odd Mexico.

Funny thing with this job is that they're looking at an accumalator, a 300 litre unvented and a boiler, so the room is basically going to be crammed to the gunnels with kit. It's not a big room, I would use the wall space if I were them!

Fitted one for my parents. Cond pump went after 3 years cost summat stupid like ÂŁ300 to replace.

WB FS Danny 30 kw or 42 kw can be down rated if needed, built in condensate pump too and comes with tube and outlet adaptor to overflow, 28 mm connections if needed also on flow and return

Sounds tasty!

Fitted one for my parents. Cond pump went after 3 years cost summat stupid like ÂŁ300 to replace.
All sorted now Tom, it was the ball in NRV on outlet on pump that used to gum up, back loading the pump and making it work much harder, now modified and sorted, modded ones have a green or blue dot on them.

Thread drift, but it looks like a picture from a ACS exam! Spillage marks behind the boiler and all.

All sorted now Tom, it was the ball in NRV on outlet on pump that used to gum up, back loading the pump and making it work much harder, now modified and sorted, modded ones have a green or blue dot on them.

Hope I got a new one then!

Was fun getting that down the cellar steps I can tell you.

Thread drift, but it looks like a picture from a ACS exam! Spillage marks behind the boiler and all.

LOL - +1 mark for Iain! :)

This is good work fellas. I'm putting a price together. Hadn't really thought about the fact that the condensate would need to be pumped. There's a redundant sink right next to it, but it will still need pumping.

Shop around Danny the 42 ain't cheap, flue is also only for FS and high flow combi , ensure you get correct one

The Worcester floor stander is a lovely boiler. Fitted a few. Always found the flue a pain in the arse but that may be because I'm cack handed. A doddle to pipe up and not as heavy as they look either. Don't forget that flue guard on the order dannyboy! And a pic for job of the month!

The Worcester floor stander is a lovely boiler. Fitted a few. Always found the flue a pain in the arse but that may be because I'm cack handed. A doddle to pipe up and not as heavy as they look either. Don't forget that flue guard on the order dannyboy! And a pic for job of the month!
Agree pipe to floor mounted jig, then wheel into place

Brilliant, very helpful as always fellas. Thanks to everyone.

As for job of the month, I have to win the work first!!

I'm hoping my competitors who price against me are going for the same spec...you just don't know with jobs like this. Someone may come along and offer her a cheap job and I'll just never hear back from her!

I'll have the quote out by tomorrow.

If I do win it, I won't be doing it for a while. Booked up for a few weeks. That can also go against you!

I do want this one though. It will be a nice job.

Can you not just fit an intergas inside the old casing? Seriously though I'm not a huge Worcester fan now but for a floor standing it beats the others hollow.

I agree I like the high flows too, but The floor standing boilers are always so much more expensive than an equivalent spec wall hung boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Floor standing boilers! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock