Discuss flow return temps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
just got a new attachment for my analyser which measures temperatures of flow and return pipes

now i'm wondering what is a healthy temp difference across a plate heat exchanger?

what temp differences do boilers condense?

when you turn the hot tap on how many degree rise on the flow pipe is down to conduction and how many indicates a divereter valve is letting by?

also any other temp differences that would be handy to know

so far i tried to measure temp difference across my nephews arms, i thought left being slightly closer to the heart might be warmer, but all i found out was putting crocidile clamps on a 2 year olds fingers makes them cry

I spoke to Baxi the other day and the guy reckons you don't want to get any more than 13 degree differential across the plate h/ex.

20 degree flow/return for best condensing (i think)

If that 13 is given to the dhw then it isn't going to be very hot dhw. If incoming is 8 then 8 +13=21 ?

If looking for 35 rise with 8 incoming, 8+35=43. Boiler flow 62. Return 45. 62-45=17 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flow return temps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees...
Replies
Views
Forums ... Old conventional non condensing combi boiler. Worcester 24i rsf. Bungalow (ceiling drop pipes) with 7 rads. I've bled rads...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry to hijack the thread, but im new to these forums and upon searching for some answers to my below question i come across this thread. I...
Replies
Views
I have a 2017 Viessmann Vitodens 100-W condensing gas boiler connected to a radiant floor heating manifold. No external pump. 120m2 floor area...
Replies
Views
    • Love
Recent install Firebird 26kw Condensing boiler. Space heat only. Installed as replacement boiler in well insulated 80s renovated home. (Silver...
Replies
Views
Back