Discuss Flue bracket regulations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

That’s not what he said, plus why would you anyway? Doesn’t give off the right impression in my book, spend a few quid more and the job is bob-on.

Right = Right.

Depends how it is ran. I would never use it. But if it done correctly it should be fine.

Needs to be manufactured approved method strap banding isn’t

I’m sure I saw a bulletin some where that said as long as it goes around the flue and is tight to opposite beams it is ok. I’m not that bothered anyway as I always use Worcester flue brackets. I was just saying that I’m sure I saw it somewhere.

Strapping is not allowed.

You need a bracket on each stretch as a minimum

You also should have a bracket at the top, as it exits, in addition to the others.

So, technically, 4 brackets as a minimum.

The whole structure must be perfectly rigid, otherwise more may be required (speaking generally, probably not an issue in this case)

Also had two Gas Safe inspectors just recently tell me the same thing, Strapping is not allowed and has to be a proper flue clip on every length of pipe. We've always used clips anyway as I hate the strapping so didn't matter, but i've seen many that have been strapped.

My view is that if you go to a job that's old and it's strapped and adequately supported & secure then it's fine. But on any new installations they should be flue clips.

Getting back to the OP, needs 3 clips on that flue.

No strapping it must be a proper manufacturerd bracket fit for purpose , 4 on this Intergas flue . Tkop

20181117_162247.jpg

20181117_162258.jpg

20181117_125925.jpg

I always just put on what ever I've been given so baxi supply 1 per length plus 1 for the vertical terminal so I'd put 3 on that if it still feels loose I'd chuck another on.

I always thought it had to be 1 per length and every change of direction but I have no idea where that came from so don't quote me on that as I may of just dreamt that.

And I also thought you couldn't use banding anymore. Was told that by a bg inspector when I subbed to them years ago and also by the gas safe inspector when he saw it on the van.

Reply to Flue bracket regulations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back