Search the forum,

Discuss Flue Gas Analyser for cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

p the plumber

Hi, does any one know where to put probe for a free standing cooker when analysis poc, i think it may be in the stream above flame in the oven? maybe the same for burner rings too? -Thanks

Surely they went through this when you took your CPA1???

Hi, does any one know where to put probe for a free standing cooker when analysis poc, i think it may be in the stream above flame in the oven? maybe the same for burner rings too? -Thanks

yes plenty people will know, but TBH if you dont i honestly dont think you should be taking readings without knowing exactly what you are doing and where to do it, i know people say CPA1 is a waste of money, but it does teach people the basics, i assume you havent done it, if i gave you the position etc would you be able to interpret exactly what i meant, would you use the right probe and do you have the target readings and full procedure (pots of water, max readings within set times etc etc etc)

Should have known better to expect a simple and concise answer, let me elaborate, my CPA exam is tomorrow, i have been fine with flueless fires, open flued appliances but the assessor is not very helpful so i thoiught i would do some home work and use my initative, rather than guess i thought i would ask someone who knows in case there something ii was missing thats all!! you guys need to get over yourselves, try being helpful its almost as enjoyable as kicking off! so any input that is helpful would be appriciated. TA

good reply,
angeldevil.gif

dont jump to conclusions,
but explain better when asking.

Should have known better to expect a simple and concise answer, let me elaborate, my CPA exam is tomorrow, i have been fine with flueless fires, open flued appliances but the assessor is not very helpful so i thoiught i would do some home work and use my initative, rather than guess i thought i would ask someone who knows in case there something ii was missing thats all!! you guys need to get over yourselves, try being helpful its almost as enjoyable as kicking off! so any input that is helpful would be appriciated. TA

any time i require a simple and concise answer i give the person i'm asking all the info:p
now i have the full picture and you aint gonna kill yourself or my granny i will help,
it actually depends on the exact cooker (which doesnt help us when we always say check MI's, as you know FGA doesnt feature in the MI) i am having a go at your instructor rather than you here, but if the exam is tomorrow you should be well practiced, some have a slot for the oven POC's between the 2 back hotplates (which is why you need your pots of water as the rings can be on and will effect POC's exiting the oven) the bent probe will be needed for this and the high level grill, remember the target figures re ppm's and time for test, it will rise but if it doesnt exceed 30ppm then drops you can stop the test, if it rises above 30ppm there is another figure and time to consider, and if it exceeds 90ppm abandon the test and evacuate the building all the best with the test and let us know how you get on,

Last edited by a moderator:

The answers you received warrant the information you supplied in your question.

You asked a gas safety related question in the gas safe section, so people would naturally assume that you are a RGI, hence the shock at the question.

So maybe you need to 'get over yourself' and think about what you are asking and where you are asking it. Perhaps then you would not be so upset by the responses you receive. Just a thought hey.

I don't have any smoke matches as I'm a butcher by trade but dabble in a bit of gas every now and then.

The answers you received warrant the information you supplied in your question.

You asked a gas safety related question in the gas safe section, so people would naturally assume that you are a RGI, hence the shock at the question.

So maybe you need to 'get over yourself' and think about what you are asking and where you are asking it. Perhaps then you would not be so upset by the responses you receive. Just a thought hey.

Whatever! I hope yr smoke matches get wet

fight fight fight:d:d:d

whoa there tiger , show some respect plumb you cant ask for help then diss the experts :eek:

ive got cookers on my ticket and dont use my fga on them as it wasnt part or the course 3 years ago another fitter showed me the basics of using it to set up a boiler and also on a couple of boiler courses ive been shown how to use it on boilers does this now make me incompetent?

it was meant to be a simple question but i find some people unwilling to help, anyway i have now had the pleasure of reading the British Standards which if Gas Safe were really helpful would make available on their website for the subscribed proffesional. (thats us!) Guess there is a good reason why the standard is not easily available for FREE?? Thanks guys, and if the guys who have not yet done CPA would be intersested the probe is held 2mt of the floor 1mt away from cooker which has two pans of water onthe largest burners. Oven is where POC,leave the appliance :).

Forgot to say thanks Kirkgas,,,,, Thanks PTP

Last edited by a moderator:
it was meant to be a simple question but i find some people unwilling to help, anyway i have now had the pleasure of reading the British Standards which if Gas Safe were really helpful would make available on their website for the subscribed proffesional. (thats us!) Guess there is a good reason why the standard is not easily available for FREE?? Thanks guys, and if the guys who have not yet done CPA would be intersested the probe is held 2mt of the floor 1mt away from cooker which has two pans of water onthe largest burners. Oven is where POC,leave the appliance :).

Forgot to say thanks Kirkgas,,,,, Thanks PTP

well done, another few ÂŁ's spent, the simple answer to why BS docs arent available is someone is making cash out of selling them, so it is unlikely we will get them for free

Do you actually need to do a analyses test on a cooker i always ASUMED [visual] as long as flame picture was good.

WHAT WOULD I KNOW IM ONLY A DOCTOR???

Local libraries are good for British Standards. For instance, my local library has them and I am able to access and download them from my library online account.

It's well worth looking to see if you local library has a feature like that.

Thats a good idea i will check it out this week -good work !! PTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue Gas Analyser for cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock