Discuss Flue test points! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's burner pressure test points with me. I tend to keep the fga test point cap/plug in my hand all the while it's open.

Plus the Anton reminds me!

Had one catch fire when boiler was on ..... That was amusing for custard stood behind me!

I don't do enough services or installs as yet, but, am definitely going to get a pad like Graham says. Scary stuff. Agree little flaps would be great

Treat the flue test point the same way as any other test point; as soon as the gauge is taken off the test point fitting gets put back in and checked.

Not so bad with it anymore. I just say out loud "Test point in", that usually does the trick.

I've done the whole "going back to find a tool" thing plenty of times. I'm convinced I've a mild form of OCD when it comes to things like this, as I get really worked up about it. I'm the same with locking doors. I did a job recently for an Estate Agent and went back to the door five times to check I'd locked it!

I've also driven back miles to check things before!

Most of the time if a boiler is running correctly, it wouldn't do much harm with the test point out as it should just be carbon dioxide and water vapour. If it's not set up correctly or it is somehow reburning the products of combustion, then you're in trouble!

There should be some sort of interlock that will prevent the boiler running with the cap out. It would be very simple to do. Cap on a lead with a small voltage running through it that makes a circuit when connected to the flue.

I do a bit of audit work, came across a few that previous engineer has left out

its like the gas nipple syndrome !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue test points! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock