Discuss flush the toilet and shower turns off!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

called today to look at a shower, triton.

on maximum or any setting the shower runs tepid at best!, the customer then says when you flush the toilet, the shower turns off, sure enough l.p shows then turns of whilst the toilet is re-filling?. apparently been like it since installed...

i asked the customer what type of boiler do you have?. combi she replied.

went down stairs with her, as she opened the cupboard door in the kitchen, there it was a ariston microgenious 28he mffi with no front panel or combustion door on?????.

apparently the customer has learning difficulties and her and partner have been suffering from nausea and 'grottiness' for the last few weeks. the boiler was installed 3-4 years ago with no m.i's left on the job.

the customer goes on to tell me that mike the window cleaner came to look at it as it wasnt working properly so fitted a new pcb and left the door of as that made it work!!.

apparently, the boiler was installed by 'dave' round the corner who is a builder/joiner/sparky but not gas registered.!! on the heating side there are no room stats or trv's so its either on or off.

there is 15 wires draped across the gas meter and pipes including the 10mm shower cable. meter w.p is 20mb, w.p @ boiler (1 meter away on 15mm pipe) is 12mb. burner pressure is 9.5mb. at full rate.

apart from that, it looks ok, do you think it is causing issues with the shower????.lol.:winkiss:

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like the showers the least of there worries. With custards of such high intelligence and standards get some money up front! Or run away from it!

I wouldnt of thought that would affect it if it was sounds like a flow issue what are the taps like? do you have the same problem? where is the supply coming from for the shower check for iso valves not open fully, faulty check valves or could just of been poorly installed so check that.

And cap that boiler

could be low water pressure on the shower, as for the other problems good luck. :(

working for social services on this one.
all taps ok, even concidered the shower to be coming of hot supply?
least of the worries the shower as i am going to advise them to have a whole new system installed and gas supply. a new shower and supply will be stuck on top.lol.

i did get 2bar mains pressure but not checked flow.

Ive had electric showers trip when the bog's flushed due to issues with flow.

Oh yeah, Dave from round the corner. I know him. Lovely bloke. Always happy.

good god,sounds a right mess advise repositon of new boiler and upgrade to a thermostatic mixer i would also be looking at the incoming water pressure whats it like good,poor etc

On the bright side, at least the electric shower is wired up in 10mm. Every cloud and all that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flush the toilet and shower turns off!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have gutted the bathroom back to bare brick. But to find a good quality toilet and bath is a nightmare. I think I have sorted it and then...
Replies
Views
M
In April 2018 I had a water meter installed at my tenancy property (Not a property magnate, just had to move out of the area and couldn't sell it)...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
Hi, I would love to get some expert thoughts on my pressure loss problem. I have just replaced my boiler and radiators to fix a raft of problems...
Replies
Views
Good morning lovely people, I went to look at a shower that wasn't working correctly yesterday, and I'm not certain if its a shower problem or a...
Replies
Views
U
We moved into a 2 bed property 3 months ago, we had the heating replaced with an unvented system. The water pressure is good in all taps, the...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock