Search the forum,

Discuss Franke Panto tap cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Has anyone had any luck changing cartridges on the above tap without the removal tool? The tool is no longer available and I couldn't seem to get what looks to be a locking nut above the cartridge lose when I had a look at it. Didn't want to go mad with it, so thought I would ask before going any further.

IMG_3943.JPG IMG_3944.JPG IMG_3945.JPG This is the tap in question. Is it just a case of unwinding the silver locking nut to get the cartridge out?

Not seen that one before. Can you get a large flat head in there and knock it around? Or a pair of long nose adjustable?

Tried shifting it with a flat head and hammer, couldn't get it to move. Didn't go mad though, just tapped it.
I've never seen one like it before. I can only imagine that locking nut holds it and then the cartridge is just on o-rings and pulls out.

I had an issue with Carron Pheonix (franke designer range) taps a year or so ago and their service parts were an absolute rip off.
Since then I'll avoid franke taps like the plague, it doesn't surprise me that they no longer do the cartridge removal tool for your taps. I bet they'll still sell you a pair of cartridges for it though at about 1000% profit.
rant over ;)

castle nut socket but good luck finding the right size and notches

big hammer and flat headed screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Franke Panto tap cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench comfortably, but cold side is so tight Ive burred the nut on the cartridge. Any advice on how else to remove the cartridge without damaging the mixer tap is...
Replies
Views
This is probably obvious but I want to replace the cartridge to stop dripping. I have done similar before but I cannot work out how to remove the tap head! i thought the hot/cold circle would pop out but no such luck and don't want to damage. can anyone help? Thanks Martin fix the caple
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the cartridge as the usual 32mm nut is recessed and I cannot get to it. The tap is from screwfix ( NIAGARA WATERFALL BASIN MONO MIXER TAP) I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the tap off to clean the cartridges, but cant get the sphere at the end off there. Looking at the diagram, it seems that you should be able to pop the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I have Charlton Mixer Tap in my shower i.e. thermostat and water control. I need to change the cartridge in the tap as it is dripping badly. However, I'm really struggling to access the cartridge. The way to remove the tap appears to be to unscrew the chrome covering i.e. this will bring...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock