Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss free boiler scheme?? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. huddster

huddster Member

Morning guys, I'm trying to make some inquires regarding government funded boiler replacement schemes. My friend passed away recently, suddenly and unexpectedly leaving behind his wife and two young sons.
    Before he died he was looking into replacing his boiler this summer and his wife wants to carry this through as she wants to get all of her finances in order for the future. I have said that I would replace for her but she still has the outlay of the boiler and materials and id rather her save money where she can.
    So my question is do any of you know much about these schemes/grants, the company I work for had a similar scheme but is now suspended for the foreseeable future. Do these schemes operate at a local company level or are they just for the big players.
    She is based in the frome Somerset area so if any of you guys down this way have any information id be greatly appreciative.

2. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Scheme now running if she is on Oil or LPG

3. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Scheme now running if she is on Oil or LPG

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Don't know what is wrong with site keeps repeating posts ????????????????

5. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Don't know what is wrong with site keeps repeating posts ????????????????

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Bug / glitch on the system

7. huddster

huddster Member

No shes natural gas

8. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If she is receiving any kind of benefit there is usually schemes to help , i had a a lovely lady customer who contracted cancer the macmillian nurses sorted a new boiler for her for free best of luck kop

9. Gazzt

Gazzt Active Member

In northern Ireland the affordable warmth scheme is running and you contact the local council to apply, they then send out someone to survey your home, then award a grant that suits your circumstances. For example your boiler is 15 years old, and your income is lower than £20000 a year.

10. doitmyself

doitmyself Well-Known Member

11. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I'm sure they would get a far better job done by you and likly to last much longer.
    Grant installs are likely to be thrown in as fast as possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. huddster

huddster Member

Thanks for the link, she receives various benefits now so I think ill look into the energy saving advise service see what available to her then go from there. I will update if we get anywhere with this.

13. AWheating

AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

If she gets a free install make sure you follow it with a good system flush and if needed a gas pipe upgrade. Most of these installs are bad, no flush, undersized gas etc.. Hope she finds help,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1