Discuss Free quotes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballandco

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Is it just me or whoever made up giving free quotations to customers some sort of idiot. The amount of free quotes customers are getting are a joke it's no longer 3 quotes it's more like. 5 or 6 . I went to a boiler swap the other day the lady said I am her 10th quote for a straight forward combi swap lol , it was the quickest quote I ever did def won't bother typing that 1 up . The other thing is all these people want it doing after there working day but it's Alrite for us to crack on all night for nothing . Let's start charging for quotes again and stop wasting our time ??

I'm with you on this, I quiz people before I go out.
When do to want it doing? Where did you get my number? I ask what they're after and give a rough idea of price. I don't even bother quoting for small jobs, a rough idea with an hourly rate.

Like your thinking and agree but won't happen except on a personal level. I've got to be honest and I ask before I go now as if it's somebody just wanting the cheapest quote then I decline to go as my time is valuable to me .

Like now I've got a fella ringing up for a quote for an outside tap, can I quote after 8 pm ?

Is it just me or whoever made up giving free quotations to customers some sort of idiot. The amount of free quotes customers are getting are a joke it's no longer 3 quotes it's more like. 5 or 6 . I went to a boiler swap the other day the lady said I am her 10th quote for a straight forward combi swap lol , it was the quickest quote I ever did def won't bother typing that 1 up . The other thing is all these people want it doing after there working day but it's Alrite for us to crack on all night for nothing . Let's start charging for quotes again and stop wasting our time ??
Im sure our competitors would too

I blame the amount of plumbers around now all scrapping for work. I won a pack few weeks ago where the cust had numerous quotes. I dropped my price to see if I get it and surprise surprise I got it because I was cheapest

see if i find out there is 10 quotes am out of there i walk away

I blame the amount of plumbers around now all scrapping for work. I won a pack few weeks ago where the cust had numerous quotes. I dropped my price to see if I get it and surprise surprise I got it because I was cheapest

I hope you phoned her and informed her that you have just checked your diary and realised that you are fully booked for the nest TWO months, sorry.

If you did the job, then you should be ashamed of yourself as you are no different from ''them''.
The minute I realise a customer is after the cheapest quote, I am out the door.
Also if a customer wants me to match a quote so I get the job, I tell them NO

that's the way it is just now im away in Glasgow following someone elses work the work is abso ........rubbish and they have taken a good coin for this work they hired because he was cheap.False economy as we all know paying twice for the same job muppetts.
Hey ho that's the way of the cheap route goes maybe I was £25 per hour and too dear so they went for maybe £10 per hour and in the end payed a lot lot more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Free quotes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock